Downloaded the Client, nothing happens after...

Create a thread here to open a "support ticket".
Zecx85

Downloaded the Client, nothing happens after...

Post by Zecx85 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:56 pm

So I downloaded the client of the game, extracted everything, clicked the .exe file to open the game, and nothing happens..

admin
Site Admin

Re: Downloaded the Client, nothing happens after...

Post by admin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Note: As per the systems requirements listed on the FAQ page, Java JRE 1.7+ is required.

Please take a look here and see if this helps.

http://www.kisnardonline.com/faq.php#q10
http://www.kisnardonline.com/faq.php#q11

Please let me know your progress so I can get you up and running! :)
DEV Proskier

Zecx85

Post by Zecx85 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Ok I got that part running, now when I enter my password, it says it incorrect

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:20 pm

I am having some bugs on the sever.

It could be that the server has not yet grabbed your account - in which case you need to wait for me to bounce the sever when I get home in 2 hours.

You can also try to reset your password via the following link: https://www.kisnardonline.com/forgotpassword.php

Let me know what you end up doing. Sorry for the hassle... Still in alpha testing :D
DEV Proskier

Zecx85

Post by Zecx85 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Ya tried the password reset, I'll wait til your back at home then. Looking at what youve done so far its looking pretty good. Hope I can experience it for myself though :-D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:28 pm

I promise I will get you sorted out... Thanks so excited myself. Tired of fixing bugs, I just wanna add content and play :)
DEV Proskier

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 pm

I just had to bounce the server... right before you logged in the DB thread died and all updates from the last 2.5 hours of playing were lost/no accounts were being imported from the DB to the game server.

Long story short... you should be good to go now. Hopefully I can fix this issue soon.
DEV Proskier

FatAdam

Post by FatAdam » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:15 pm

I'm having the same issue, Installed the java link you provided, updated java. try to run game as admin. Still nothing.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:22 pm

FatAdam wrote:I'm having the same issue, Installed the java link you provided, updated java. try to run game as admin. Still nothing.
Hey man great to see a Dransik name!! Look in the logs folder and open the text file. What does it say? How much RAM does your PC have?

The latest map update I did pushed the RAM usage on the client side just over 1GB. With Java 32bit it only allows 1GB of RAM(by default) if you have 4GB of RAM on your pc. I included 2 .bat files and 2 .exe files in the latest client download so try all 4.

If all else fails I am currently working on having the client only load chunks of the map at a time into memory rather than the whole thing. This will drastically reduce the system requirements for running the game. Again this is all speculation of what I assume your issue is - check the logs folder and let me know what it says and I can help troubleshoot it better for you.

Again, welcome!!! Good to see some familiar faces :)
DEV Proskier

FatAdam

Post by FatAdam » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Haha good to see you around too man. I noticed your forum sig is still the same! Alright previously I never had any log files record at all. My system only has 1 gig of ram (my computer is ancient...) But now I can open the game running the old_kisnardonline batch file only. The other 3 don't work.