What feature would you love to see

Feel free to discuss pretty-much anything here, except spam.
admin
Site Admin

What feature would you love to see

Post by admin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Just figured I would start an off topic fun thread. What feature that is not commonly found in mmo games would you want to see?

My answer: cool collection interface
DEV Proskier

electricwolf

Re: What feature would you love to see

Post by electricwolf » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Random quest generator could be fun.
Takes a random (level appropriate, non-boss) monster, picks a number between 1 and 100, calculates the difficulty of the quest and gives a reward based on the calculated difficulty.
Nobody could ever complain about finishing all the quests 8-)

Or maybe a trivia bot?
For the princely sum of 1 coin it'll give you a random piece of game-related trivia. I'm sure there's loads of things it could say and people would waste so much money trying to read them all :twisted:

Allow players to have an impact on the world?
Maybe when a town is built (read: the content created) players could suggest things to build in the town?

Emphasis on exploration?
Instead of just buying maps and being able to see where everything is, maybe just start with a blank map which reveals when you walk around the environment so that exploring everywhere has meaning and gets players to experience the entirety of the world instead of just going from quest to quest?

(following suggestion is entirely sarcastic)
Sarcasm mode.
Every item description, every piece of dialog, every piece of writing in the whole darn game is written with the sole purpose of being rude, sarcastic and stand-offish:

"Oh, you've got a longsword? One word: compensating."
"Nice shoes. Did mommy get them for you?"
"Why are you carrying a dead animal in your backpack? I'd say the odour was horrible but at least it's covering up your stench."

Passent

Post by Passent » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 pm

+1 to all.
the quest genorator would be cool...and map maker is a great idea. you cab expand on that and give each person their own wiki...so you dont jnow what something drps until you kill it/recieve the item.
--
Passent(on kindle)
Passent(on kindle)

Uhabaa

Post by Uhabaa » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Machine guns and wartanks :)
Why are we always fighting with sword and bows :? Make 'Science' a trade skill and as we further our avatar, it should develop nuclear/laser weaponry.. add some nuances to PvP :lol:

oclarkeo

Post by oclarkeo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 pm

I would love to see player housing very few mmo games do it right

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:56 pm

oclarkeo wrote:I would love to see player housing very few mmo games do it right
I have plans for this.. That being said... How do I do it right? ;)
DEV Proskier

HELLRAZZER

Post by HELLRAZZER » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:06 pm

I think that ultima online mmo had and still does have player housing. So for they impressed me the most i know it would be hard to do the exact same thing but if u took the basics. None of this instanced shit that all mmo games do its gotta be housing that anyone can pass (sorry i dont know what they call it) The door would be locked of coarse player having the key. Some decoration options. Another game that did good was starwars galaxies it was more community based but they also did good. For me i really like player housing a place to take my gear to go afk or to just chill and talk on chat. I am really going to think more on this subject but i gotta go back to work.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:58 pm

HELLRAZZER wrote:I think that ultima online mmo had and still does have player housing. So for they impressed me the most i know it would be hard to do the exact same thing but if u took the basics. None of this instanced shit that all mmo games do its gotta be housing that anyone can pass (sorry i dont know what they call it) The door would be locked of coarse player having the key. Some decoration options. Another game that did good was starwars galaxies it was more community based but they also did good. For me i really like player housing a place to take my gear to go afk or to just chill and talk on chat. I am really going to think more on this subject but i gotta go back to work.
I already drew some buildings in town that the plan it to be purchasable by players. Maybe rentable. Everyone can see them and yes the plan is to lock them. Would be interested to hear your thoughts when you have more time. :)
DEV Proskier

foxtwo

Post by foxtwo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:59 pm

so i played this game where any class could mark 10 spots anywhere in the world well except like right next to a boss and whatt not
"mark1" " mark2" by typing <<< after this you could then use port spell for mage or port scroll for melee and once casting it asks what mark you press 1-0 and a portal would open to that location this may not be for every game or games with smaller worlds butt it was awsome and just an idea : P

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 pm

foxtwo wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:59 pm
so i played this game where any class could mark 10 spots anywhere in the world well except like right next to a boss and whatt not
"mark1" " mark2" by typing <<< after this you could then use port spell for mage or port scroll for melee and once casting it asks what mark you press 1-0 and a portal would open to that location this may not be for every game or games with smaller worlds butt it was awsome and just an idea : P
thats a cool idea, but would be tough because it would be easy to abuse. I do really like the idea of portals and teleporting. keep the suggestions coming - love them.
DEV Proskier