Suggestions (ongoing)

Suggestions to the game can be made here.
Post Reply
PLZxo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Suggestions (ongoing)

Post by PLZxo »

the whole failing system should be changed looking at this most of the time on every skill is boring it will take 100 years to gain any levels and from the looks of it, not very rewarding compared when you compare it to dropped armor/weapons maybe there can be half exp on failures or something .. also you forage something 60 times for the material to attempt 1 combine of armor which fails giving 0 exp.

even carrying heals you carry 100 berries and if you have bad rng or something you have 80 failed berries you carried around wasting time and any fail is literally a complete waste of time because there is 0 reward lol

23% chance for 63exp 77% chance to completely waste your time currently skilling up adds only 00.1% per level gained lvl 100 would be like only 31% total chance =\ :?:

Collection


there should be rewards at certain # of items/armors/monsters collected otherwise not really sure why its worth it to do instead of just selling for gold

:!: quest log bug :!:
:!: on the missed page of the log you can edit the name of quests and the monster names etc :P :!:

Spells
spell "stun" should make monsters unable to attack for 2 seconds and players 1 second maybe but one thing is for sure right now it does not stun lol
Last edited by PLZxo on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am
Location: Hillsdale, NJ
Contact:

Re: Suggestions (ongoing)

Post by admin »

Gathering (morning, lumberjack OMG, etc) does not give failure exp. At higher levels you get good exp.
Processing (milling smelting) does give failure exp. Next patch the exp gained will be increased by 33%
Finishing (blacksmithing, alchemy, etc) already gives failure exp.
Every mmo I ever played hunting always gives more exp. Open to suggestions how to improve this. Guess I can just increase it even more?

Food is more store purchasable(more potions coming to store in next patch) and gives some interactivity rather than spamming potions. Gives you a choice. Work a bit to eventually not fail and get exp which potions don't give. Think it is 20% base and 1% per level. Aka lvl 80 healing you always heal with food. Also you can feed others and can't potion others.

Collections and bestiary are just the start. Plan to have bonus per monster killed or shard store. Not sure and totally open to thoughts.

Lots of stuff just the start to be honest. Making Android version slowed down nee features, but once that is on par with PC it will speed back up.
Image
DEV Proskier

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am
Location: Hillsdale, NJ
Contact:

Re: Suggestions (ongoing)

Post by admin »

Post any bugs you find in the bugs section if you can :)

Also keep in mind certain tradeskills get bonus from stats, but 10%base is a bit rough. I'll take a look.
Image
DEV Proskier

PLZxo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Re: Suggestions (ongoing)

Post by PLZxo »

my suggestion is going to make not much sense but it is basically going to be the same thing as you want but without looking so negative


this way failures can happen all the time but its not going to look as bad like nothing at all happened, even tho it will still take the same amount of real hours to max

ex - in 5 minute 20 attempts @ 20% success rate = 4 successful
4x75(avg sometimes you get 2 or 3 items on success) = 300 total xp per 5minutes

solution: 20 attempts @ 20% success rate with modifed exp rates
fail = 10xp----- 16x10 = 160
succeed = 35xp ---- 4x35 = 140
=300 total xp vs 5 min
same exp over 5 minutes but not so negative to play
rough example but should be enough to get my point going lol your numbers would be diff

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am
Location: Hillsdale, NJ
Contact:

Re: Suggestions (ongoing)

Post by admin »

makes sense but I would rather tweak it up (will take some big coding changes to grant failure exp on gathering) and to be honest should get more exp and success from tradeskills in general. I fixed the spider webs and holly bush (in next patch).
Image
DEV Proskier

Post Reply