couple of things

Suggestions to the game can be made here.
fourfivezero

couple of things

Post by fourfivezero »

1- the mouvements should be smoother. the curent moving-instantly-block-by-block system should be remplaced by something like what we see in pokemons. this (and better graphics) would be the 2 principal things to change to make the game a lot more attractive

2- on the chat, there should be a separation between the name of a player and his text
this is a great exemple : http://cdn.mmo-play.com/images/editoria ... s-chat.jpg

3- i like the thing with the ctrl key that allow you to explore the things is around you and in your backpack, but i think it would be great if we could <<see>> thoses things directly by slipping your mouse on them.

4- you shouldn't be able to walk on any tyle with water on it. as it is now, there's some <<lake>> that you can pass through.

5- i like to place my backpack, chat, map, quests bars in a certain way in game, but i have to replace them every time i log in... could be change too

6- you shouldnt loose your money and your quest items when you die

more to come

admin
Site Admin

Re: couple of things

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:1- the mouvements should be smoother. the curent moving-instantly-block-by-block system should be remplaced by something like what we see in pokemons. this (and better graphics) would be the 2 principal things to change to make the game a lot more attractive

- as soon as someone can help me by drawing some more stuff I am happy to use it :D. the moments is the style of the game, tile based... I may in the future have an option to draw the movements incrementally... for now i don't want to waste time coding that because I've played many games like this and the majority never minded/liked it - once I have more time/help it may be something to re-look at if the demand is there

2- on the chat, there should be a separation between the name of a player and his text
this is a great exemple : http://cdn.mmo-play.com/images/editoria ... s-chat.jpg

- I find that chat to be near impossible to read. The font is all squished together... Would making 2 spaces between the colon and chat message help? I find [DEV Proskier]: to be harder to read and make it look cluttered. Takes up too much more space imo

3- i like the thing with the ctrl key that allow you to explore the things is around you and in your backpack, but i think it would be great if we could <<see>> thoses things directly by slipping your mouse on them.

- so you mean without having to hold control you want to see the popup windows? I was contemplating that but it is often annoying in games when you don't want it to happen and it does and the hover window covers up things

4- you shouldn't be able to walk on any tyle with water on it. as it is now, there's some <<lake>> that you can pass through.

- you can walk on tiles with 'beach' or a tiny bit of land on them. Only full water tiles are unable to be walked on. If you do it the other way around people complain... hey there is some land on this half water tile, why cant i walk on it?!? lose lose :D

5- i like to place my backpack, chat, map, quests bars in a certain way in game, but i have to replace them every time i log in... could be change too

- this already happens. (look in your KisnardOnline/conf folder. it is where all of the settings are saved) exit the game using the red x on the button bar. if you kill the process abnormally there is nothing I can do to save during closing

6- you shouldnt loose your money and your quest items when you die

- you dont, you drop your full backpack(up to 1 un-looted, and up to 2 looted equipped items) when die (into your corpse). You are able to recover your corpse by doubleclicking on it. When you do so you pickup your backpack and auto equip your stuff back - so you are ready to fight whatever killed you

more to come

- keep em coming!!! I am open to suggestions. Some stuff I will not change, but most I will for good reasons :)
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

- so you mean without having to hold control you want to see the popup windows? I was contemplating that but it is often annoying in games when you don't want it to happen and it does and the hover window covers up things
1- the popup window would be particularly apreciated for things in your backpack and other objets (what npc sells for exemple)

2- bow please

3- reset stats option?

4- for the map, don't put only water as barriers. put a forest somewhere, mountains, cracks on the ground, spikes too if you want

off topic : i will not be able to help on the graphics of the game, not much time :/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:
3- i like the thing with the ctrl key that allow you to explore the things is around you and in your backpack, but i think it would be great if we could <<see>> those things directly by slipping your mouse on them.

1- the popup window would be particularly appreciated for things in your backpack and other objects (what npc sells for example)

the ctrl hover tool tips already appear for shop, character, backpack, bank, crafting windows

2- bow please

will definitely happen, along with ranged spells... stay tuned - lots of code to write for that :D

3- reset stats option?

this will likely be available for Diamonds when they make it into the game (with a cooldown) the idea is to let someone fix a mistake, but not be a mage 1 day and warrior the next -- if you want me to change your stats during testing I have no problem doing that, just shoot me a pm

4- for the map, don't put only water as barriers. put a forest somewhere, mountains, cracks on the ground, spikes too if you want

yes this is only the first island... I already started to draw some of the second island in game, you just can't get to it yet - I can teleport you there. Here is a sample mock up of the game map GM bluecrackpot and I made http://www.kisnardonline.com/images/mis ... erview.png

off topic : i will not be able to help on the graphics of the game, not much time :/

any help in any way is appreciated and will help me progress faster/further with the game... that includes: testing/bug finding, drawing, music, suggestions, story/lore writing, promotion online/IRL
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

1-
admin wrote:1- the popup window would be particularly appreciated for things in your backpack and other objects (what npc sells for example)

the ctrl hover tool tips already appear for shop, character, backpack, bank, crafting windows

i mean.. that you shouldnt have to press the crtl key to make the popup window appear for items. would be nice to only hover my mouse on an item to know how much of it i have, see the stats require (when buying something), etc

2- ah and i just failed at milling a stack of 27 wood logs... i suggest that, when you try to mill a stack of wood or try to smelt a stack of ores, every log/ore is milled/smelted one by one, so you shouldnt get 0 plank/lingot...

3- craftable and better axe/pickaxe/foraging basket that allow you to harvest your ressources faster

4- loots on mobs

5- for the wiki, my suggestion is that there should be a special npc (like a crafting npc) that demands you to finds objects to unlock parts of the wiki. if you want to see the stats of a monster, you have to kill it to find the good loots, and find other random materials and go see that npc. parts of the map could be crafted that way also.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:1-
admin wrote:1- the popup window would be particularly appreciated for things in your backpack and other objects (what npc sells for example)

i mean.. that you shouldnt have to press the crtl key to make the popup window appear for items. would be nice to only hover my mouse on an item to know how much of it i have, see the stats require (when buying something), etc

issue with that is that in games i have played that do it, is it is obtrusive and annoying when you dont want to see it. I want to give players the choice, holding ctrl is simple :D

2- ah and i just failed at milling a stack of 27 wood logs... i suggest that, when you try to mill a stack of wood or try to smelt a stack of ores, every log/ore is milled/smelted one by one, so you shouldnt get 0 plank/lingot...

I am going to add it to the help, but you can split by holding the shift key and dragging an item from one container to another (slot or container) AKA drag from slot 1 -> 2 of your backpack bank, drag from ground spot to backpack. You are free to split piles by 1 if you choose or more and mill that way. I won't change it to milling only 1 at a time, because it makes tradeskills tedious and then people try to cheat(macro). The idea is for people like you who want to do them 1 at a time you have the option but for people who want it to be quick(which may be you later on) you can too

3- craftable and better axe/pickaxe/foraging basket that allow you to harvest your ressources faster

there will most definitely be items that help you tradeskill (+ stat/+skill Weapons/Armor/Items)

4- loots on mobs

already in game... snakes for example drop snake fang/snake skin currently... cockroaches drop a dagger somewhat rarely... happy hunting

5- for the wiki, my suggestion is that there should be a special npc (like a crafting npc) that demands you to finds objects to unlock parts of the wiki. if you want to see the stats of a monster, you have to kill it to find the good loots, and find other random materials and go see that npc. parts of the map could be crafted that way also.

I love this idea. I want the wiki to be a community thing where you gain intel in game by finding rare drops/etc.. I think it would be really cool to also have it show who/when unlocked a certain part of the wiki
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

admin wrote:2- ah and i just failed at milling a stack of 27 wood logs... i suggest that, when you try to mill a stack of wood or try to smelt a stack of ores, every log/ore is milled/smelted one by one, so you shouldnt get 0 plank/lingot...

I am going to add it to the help, but you can split by holding the shift key and dragging an item from one container to another (slot or container) AKA drag from slot 1 -> 2 of your backpack bank, drag from ground spot to backpack. You are free to split piles by 1 if you choose or more and mill that way. I won't change it to milling only 1 at a time, because it makes tradeskills tedious and then people try to cheat(macro). The idea is for people like you who want to do them 1 at a time you have the option but for people who want it to be quick(which may be you later on) you can too

here's an exemple of what i was thinking from the game LOTRO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGN6X_S2HCQ watch 8:35 to 8:55. the guy have 4 times what he needs to do the craft, he clicks on "make all" and the crafts are made automatically one by one. it may be longer if you have a like 50 or 100 crafts to do (time to do other things, get a drink by exemple), but you're not gonna loose it all by mischance.

I love this idea. I want the wiki to be a community thing where you gain intel in game by finding rare drops/etc.. I think it would be really cool to also have it show who/when unlocked a certain part of the wiki

their could be 2 wiki, the community one (where players have to find the informations together.i think that this wiki will be filled up very fast) and a personnal wiki (the way to find the informations are exactly the same, but you are alone. it would be more like an additionnal achievement to the game)

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

being able to change character without having to close the game? or even change account if more than one person wants to play on the same computer

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

1- daily quest

2- if a boss die, only those who participated should be able the take the loots. i suggest that when a mob dies, all those who helped to kill it receive a personnal loot, that become lootable for everybody a couple of seconds after

3-a safe trade system but no need for now

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am very anti daily quest. IMO they indicate the game is boring and has a lack of content.

Party system will happen in future and it will allow for shared looting without going to ground.

Safe trade in bank also is on my list.
DEV Proskier