Smelting bug (with steel)

Not that there will be any :) but post non-abusable bugs here. Abusable bugs should be posted in support forums.
Legend

Smelting bug (with steel)

Post by Legend » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello, it seems to me that there is a bug while you are smithing steel. I was smelting steel in packs of 60, and more than once I got 5 or less steel bars out of the whole lot. Now I understand if you fail it you lose all your bars but that's not what I'm talking about.

But the odds of that happening are EXTREMELY low, and to happen more consistently then having 20+. Makes me believe it's a bug.

Just thought of this now. But I guess if it stops the smelting after the first bar you failed those numbers would make sense.

Was this post removed? or did the forums just bug, ill repost it since im not sure but,

admin
Site Admin

Re: Smelting bug (with steel)

Post by admin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:10 pm

forums did not bug, there are rules in place so that first time posters do not fill the boards with spam. posts need to be approved. i have approved and removed you from the group so all of your posts come through

In regards to the smithing of steel, the process rate is 60% + loot chance bonus (skill stat + looting skill + item bonus + buff bonus).

The code is fairly simplistic in this are and very tested, so I will need an example.

If you have a concrete example please let me know the time (and better yet, say something in the chat so I can find it in the logs easier) and I can look into it.
DEV Proskier

Legend

Post by Legend » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Alright ill make a small video or something, since smelting 5 steel ores always seems to give 3, and thats with 6-7 inventories worth of it. So once i get some footage of it ill post it here
Last edited by Legend on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Video is not necessary. just say something in chat when it happens . I can then search the log for what you tell me you said.

If you move and interrupt the smelling process, you lose the ingredients. Same goes for gathering tradeskills(lumberjack IMG, foraging, etc.) or finishing ones(carpentry, alchemy, etc.)
DEV Proskier

Legend

Post by Legend » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:24 pm

hmm i tried getting footage but you might as well just delete this post, ill keep my eyes out if it ever happens again, but i seem to be getting 35-36 for every 55 i make without fail now. So.. Maybe ive just gone crazy... sorry about that

Ill say something if it ever happens to me again, but.. doesnt seem like its going too haha, sorry again

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:27 pm

No worries. I would rather have a false bug report than someone not report one at all :p

P.s. when we were talking the other day...
I was wrong... no bug. Steel requires level 16 and mining skill level 11:

http://www.kisnardonline.com/wiki/resou ... name=Steel :!:
DEV Proskier

Legend

Post by Legend » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Oooh!! perfect, see i didnt even think it could have been something like that :P now ik thanks for clearing that up!