Open ALPHA testing bug list

Not that there will be any :) but post non-abusable bugs here. Abusable bugs should be posted in support forums.
fourfivezero

Re: Open ALPHA testing bug list

Post by fourfivezero »

Just restarted it for you... any clue what you did to break it? I don't see any errors in server side logs.
i had a stack of 22-23 wood logs in tab 0 of the banker and then i put an other stack of 27 logs in the tab 2. then i stopped playing for 5 min and the game stopped responding

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

1- i am lvl 11 and i can use the decorative mace that is supposed to be for lvl 12 :lol:
edit : my lvl 2 character (12 require) that have 14 strenght (15 require) can equip the mace too. and he had enought money to buy that over powered weapon with only the current quests rewards

2- i loged out, and tried to log in 5 sec after, the games sent me an error message saying that i was already online, then i tried to log in another time an it worked

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

yeah I have yet to enable level/stat requirements for items... too much code :X lol... will work on that soon, for now enjoy :D

If something is OP let me know what Weapon/Armor/Item name so that I can make it more realistic.

Yeah the logout thing sound about right. Going to make it so you can play a character for a bit, then partially exit to switch characters.
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

leather legs don't give armor for now (but the rest of the armor does)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:leather legs don't give armor for now (but the rest of the armor does)
awesome catch - thanks... will be fixed in version 0.7.5
DEV Proskier

FatAdam

Post by FatAdam »

Well go figure.. I join the game just in time for the mace to have its lvl requirement.

- Blacksmithing quest broken. At the point where you must speak with leif again for the blacksmithing 2 quest, there is no text in the npc dialogue box. Can't continue with quest.

- odd mob behaviour. I get the point about mobs losing agro over a certain distance, But they just vanish into thin air. seems odd :S Would it be better for them to run off returning to their spawn origin?

- Crafting: I am finding I either fail, Or upon successfully milling logs to planks, I always receive 50% of the material. eg mill 20 logs, receive 10 planks. mill 5 logs, receive 2 planks. I never ever receive different amounts.

- gathering: If you re-use a tool (axe,miningpick) multiple times, you can overlap the sound effect until it is a blur of noise. I suggest adding a tool use timer equivalent to the length of time it takes to harvest material. If you try to re-use a tool before that time it provides a message "that tool is already in use".

- Save username: (in the log in screen) Does not work

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FatAdam wrote:Well go figure.. I join the game just in time for the mace to have its lvl requirement.
Muhahahaha

- Blacksmithing quest broken. At the point where you must speak with leif again for the blacksmithing 2 quest, there is no text in the npc dialogue box. Can't continue with quest.
FIXED :D

- odd mob behaviour. I get the point about mobs losing agro over a certain distance, But they just vanish into thin air. seems odd :S Would it be better for them to run off returning to their spawn origin?
yeah that is a good point maybe I will have them run back - i kinda liked it this way though because in Dransik people would abuse it with mountains/water and bows and such... any thoughts on how to make it not abusable without them running 10 times faster than they normally do?

- Crafting: I am finding I either fail, Or upon successfully milling logs to planks, I always receive 50% of the material. eg mill 20 logs, receive 10 planks. mill 5 logs, receive 2 planks. I never ever receive different amounts.
yes right now only your success rate is dependent on skills/stats/(equipment TODO)... your yield is 50% for now. Open to suggestions on how this should work.

- gathering: If you re-use a tool (axe,miningpick) multiple times, you can overlap the sound effect until it is a blur of noise. I suggest adding a tool use timer equivalent to the length of time it takes to harvest material. If you try to re-use a tool before that time it provides a message "that tool is already in use".
what is happening is you are stopping midway and starting anew... if you move/die/teleport/etc. while mid chopping you will stop. Same as using the tool again. I can work on cool downs but then it gets annoying when you misclick/time them, no?

- Save username: (in the log in screen) Does not work
it works if you exit the game normally (the red x on the buttonbar, the x in top right of windows. If you ctrl+alt+delete or force close the game it will not save. Also this account save feature is per character. It uses the character last played to determine it. Let me know if this is not the case for you and I will try to figure out why it isn't working for you :D
Think I fixed some of those big bugs and the server should not break anymore (fingers crossed). Time for bed. Tomorrow more work on the wiki and content.
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

tried to log in, a blank page appeared instead of the game after i choosed my character

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:tried to log in, a blank page appeared instead of the game after i choosed my character
I just logged in no problem. Do you have a memory issue in your logs? Can you check? I increased the map size and that is making me unable to store the whole map client side in memory - on some older computers. I am working on a chunk based tile mapping system, similar to what Minecraft uses actually.
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

mmhh my pc is kinda new and good, how do i check that?