Open ALPHA testing bug list

Not that there will be any :) but post non-abusable bugs here. Abusable bugs should be posted in support forums.
FatAdam

Re: Open ALPHA testing bug list

Post by FatAdam »

You have different chat channels, So you should be able to just put these into a 'system messages' tab or something. So when people want to focus on tradeskills they can watch their progress!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah good point that I can do... But currently everything shows... You just tab to other chat types to send a chat. How would you both like to see this done?

-check box in options to hide/display systems messages
-showing in chat(no changes)
-something else

Post a new thread in suggestions topic if you would... Need to organize the boards/my thoughts more :)
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

admin wrote:
fourfivezero wrote:1- one of the tasks of the quest ''blacksmitting'' is to complete the quest ''metalworking''. i don't know why, but i've completed the metalworking one, and it says that i didnt completed it on the blacksmitting one.
Number one is a known issue... The quest logic is insane. But as you've noticed I've made it check every time you log in just in case
this bug is still on the game. you said that the game checks the quests every time someone logs in, you should add a check up everytime someone finish a quest

what i did today : gathered all what i needed for every quests that leif gives on my 2nd character. when i finished the quest metalworking, the quest blacksmitting bugged (the same way i writted it on my quote) and same story for the quest woodworking and carpentry. i logged out and logged in a couple of sec after to make these quests debug, but only the blacksmitting one did. the carpentry one is still stuck and i can't do anything to debug it (i even crafted the necessary wooden club for the task after the pre-requisite quest ''woodworking'')

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:
admin wrote:
fourfivezero wrote:1- one of the tasks of the quest ''blacksmitting'' is to complete the quest ''metalworking''. i don't know why, but i've completed the metalworking one, and it says that i didnt completed it on the blacksmitting one.
Number one is a known issue... The quest logic is insane. But as you've noticed I've made it check every time you log in just in case
this bug is still on the game. you said that the game checks the quests every time someone logs in, you should add a check up everytime someone finish a quest

what i did today : gathered all what i needed for every quests that leif gives on my 2nd character. when i finished the quest metalworking, the quest blacksmitting bugged (the same way i writted it on my quote) and same story for the quest woodworking and carpentry. i logged out and logged in a couple of sec after to make these quests debug, but only the blacksmitting one did. the carpentry one is still stuck and i can't do anything to debug it (i even crafted the necessary wooden club for the task after the pre-requisite quest ''woodworking'')
yeah I changed something to fix that server crash. It likely broke stuff. I need to redo some of the logic, but can't do anything on my DEV environment until I fix this stupid map chunking code.
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

not very a bug, but it may be annoying

if someone attacks a guard and then moves, the guard may change case and stand on that new case (only works on cases near the one the guard appear)

so i just attacked 2 guards and blocked the bank
http://imgur.com/CdTeD9G.png
(of course, you just have to attack one again to move it or access the banker by the back of the building)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

fourfivezero wrote:not very a bug, but it may be annoying

if someone attacks a guard and then moves, the guard may change case and stand on that new case (only works on cases near the one the guard appear)

so i just attacked 2 guards and blocked the bank
http://imgur.com/CdTeD9G.png
(of course, you just have to attack one again to move it or access the banker by the back of the building)
Yeah I am planning on having them telelport back to their spots a few seconds after attacking something(evil player/monsters/attacking players). On my, mile long, todo list :p.

I am so close to being done with the map chunking!!! Then I can start to work on my todo list :D
DEV Proskier

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

hahaha, keep up your good work and you'll slain that evil todo list :twisted:

fourfivezero

Post by fourfivezero »

the chunk system is causing a lot of lags when you walk. when you move and change chunk, the game freeze for maybe 1 sec and you may see things like this : http://imgur.com/CQnBYa0.png (i was walking from the center of the town to leif)

i suggest that you should add a ''loading map'' message somewhere when someone change chunk (so people will understand the reason why the game lags when they walk near ''chunk lines'')

EDIT : changed screenshot

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

yes I am very aware of all of the issues... its either load it all in RAM and have a smaller world map or figure out the chunking code...

I will figure it out, but for the time being it is what it is... I don't want to waste time on it and keep getting frustrated... I am going to start to work on adding new cool stuff, fixing bugs, and adding content.
DEV Proskier

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You guys have been awesome testers for the game!! So glad to have the start of a community. I have written down everything I have not fixed yet and things I am still unsure of how I should implement them. I am locking this thread. Please start a new one with any new issues.

Oh and start coming up with ideas of what award you want for all of your help :)
For your first idea I'm sure you are already thinking... no.... ban hammers won't be handed out :p
DEV Proskier