Back to Gameplay Help.
Gameplay Skills Help
There are four categories of skills in the game: weapon skills, trade skills, elemental skills, and miscellaneous skills.
Different weapons in game will gain you experience in weapon class skills. To level up these skills equip a weapon and attack monsters.
– Axes are used by warriors and require strength
– Blunts are used by warriors and require strength
– Bows are used by archers and require dexterity
– Crossbows are used by archers and require dexterity
– Daggers are used by archers and require dexterity
– Polearms are used by mages and require intelligence
– Swords are used by warriors and require strength
– Wands are used by mages and require intelligence
Items in game are used to gather resources, those resources can then be processed and finally they can be finished into weapons, armors, or items.
– Alchemy requires great intelligence
– Blacksmithing requires great strength
– Carpentry requires great strength
– Cooking requires great dexterity
– Fishing requires great dexterity
– Foraging requires great intelligence
– Harvesting requires great intelligence
– Lumberjacking requires great dexterity
– Milling requires great strength
– Mining requires great strength
– Planting requires great intelligence
– Smelting requires great intelligence
– Tailoring requires great dexterity
Spells and certain weapons contain the power of the elements. Certain armors also contain elemental defense properties.
– Blocking exp is gained when you block hits from monsters. You will only gain blocking exp while you are currently attacking. You have a greater chance to block with higher dexterity.
– Healing exp is gained when you eat food to replenish your health and/or mana. You can heal yourself or another player by clicking on them after using the food. Potions are separate from the healing skill and will automatically replenish your health and/or mana.
– Looting exp is gained though various quests in the game. A high looting skill will increase your chances to get weapons, armors, and items.
The more you use skills, the more successful you will be at that skill. The maximum skill level is 100 and each of the skill types have different exp level requirements.
Gathering skills are used to collect resources throughout the lands. Below you can see a ‘Hand Axe’ is being used to lumberjack a tree. Not all trees/mountains/etc. can be gathered. Explore the world and adventure to find new and exciting uses for items.
When you succeed you will get a notification message in the chat window and will also gain exp in the skill.
Below you can see a ‘Basket’ is being used to forage a ‘Berries Shrub’.
When you fail you will get a notification message in the chat window.
When you succeed you will gain exp in the skill multiplied by the amount of resources gathered.
When there are no more resources left you will get a message and will need to move on or wait.
When you reach enough exp for the next level you will get a message and you and those around you will hear a celebration noise.
Below you can see a ‘Pickaxe’ is being used to mine for some ‘Lead’.
After mining the ore it is smelted in the ‘Forge’.
After lumberjacking the wood it is milled on a ‘Saw Horse’.
As you can see the ‘Pine Logs’ were successfully milled into ‘Pine Planks’.
After processing the ‘Pine Logs’ into ‘Pine Planks’ you can craft using the ‘Pine Planks’ on the ‘Carpenters Workbench’.
There are many crafting recipes in the game that require different ingredients. As you can see, we have enough ‘Pine Planks’ to create a ‘Splintered Pole’, but not enough to create a ‘Practice Sword’. Some crafting recipes will be available after you reach a certain (alchemy/blacksmithing/carpentry/etc.) level.